Proctoring Is Required When
- You are taking a fully-online ChSCC course (section number begins with “N”), AND
- Your course syllabus indicates that the course has one or more proctored tests.
- NOTE: Students taking fully-online Engineering Technology courses should contact those respective departments for proctoring instructions.
- Contact Disabilities Support Services before scheduling or taking any exams.
Schedule Your Proctored Exam
- Students in our Service Areas MUST schedule an appointment to take a proctored exam through ChSCC eScedule. (Our service areas are the counties of Hamilton, Rhea, Marion, Grundy, Sequatchie/Bledsoe.)
- Students outside the college’s service area must submit an External Proctoring Request Form to the Academic Resources department for processing.
- Chattanooga State photo Student ID, or
- Chattanooga State online ID (no photo; available by mail) with a driver’s license.
- For information on obtaining a student ID, contact Student Life at 423-697-3276.
Policies And Procedures During Proctoring
- Arrive early to have time to sign in and log into your test. No extra time is given if you are late and your appointment slot may be given away after 15 minutes pasted the start time.
- No food or drink allowed in computer labs or testing areas.
- Cell phones must be powered down (not on silent or vibrate).
- No personal items (including cell phones) allowed while taking an exam. Only items specified by the instructor are allowed during the exam. Space is limited and large items/ bags should not be brought to the testing area.
- No children are allowed in the testing area (ChSCC handbook).
- Online tests will have a time limit. If you have not finished the exam, you will be graded on the questions you have completed and saved. Be sure to save often.
- All ChSCC, Testing Center, and Academic Resources rules and policies apply to the testing process and procedures. Most testing locations have video surveillance of proctoring areas. Any instances of dishonest or disruptive behavior will be documented and reported.